Source ID: RU361137
If a protein meets these conditions... i
... then these annotations are applied i
- Recommended name:Acetyltransferase component of pyruvate dehydrogenase complex (EC:184.108.40.206)
- Acetyl-CoA + enzyme N(6)-(dihydrolipoyl)lysine = CoA + enzyme N(6)-(S-acetyldihydrolipoyl)lysine.
- Belongs to the 2-oxoacid dehydrogenase family.
- (R)-lipoateNote: Binds 1 lipoyl cofactor covalently.
- (R)-lipoateNote: Binds 2 lipoyl cofactors covalently.
- (R)-lipoateNote: Binds 3 lipoyl cofactors covalently.
- The pyruvate dehydrogenase complex catalyzes the overall conversion of pyruvate to acetyl-CoA and CO2.
- Forms a 24-polypeptide structural core with octahedral symmetry.